Shanon Beekman, Director of Product Design and Training at Beta Max is an active and significant contributor to the industry and offers a wealth of knowledge.
Shanon has been with Beta Max Hoist for 9 years. Following is an overview of his board positions and qualifications:
Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (Elevator)
- Certificate of Competency
- Certified Elevator Technician
ANSI/ASSE – Committee Member
- A10.4 – Safety Requirements for Personnel Hoists and Employee Elevators on Construction and Demolition Sites
- A10.5 – Safety Requirements for Material Hoists
Scaffold and Access Industry Association
- Co-chair of the Construction Hoist Council
ANSI/SAIA – Committee Member
- A92 – Main Committee Voting Member
- A92.9 – for Mast-Climbing Work Platforms
- A92.10 – for Transport Platforms
Canadian Standards Association (CSA Group) – Committee Member
- B354.9 – Design, calculations, safety requirements, and test methods for mast climbing work platforms
- B354.10/B354.11 – Safe use and best practices for mast climbing work platforms/ Training for mast climbing work platforms
- B354.12 – Design, calculations, safety requirements, and test methods for transport platforms
- B354.13/B354.14 – Safe use and best practices for mast climbing transport platforms/ Training for mast climbing transport platforms
- Z185 – Safety code for personnel hoists (asked to join…currently committee is inactive)
- Z256 – Safety code for material hoists (asked to join…currently committee is inactive)
This level of involvement and the information and knowledge that come with it offers tremendous value and gives Beta Max the ability to better serve and support our customers.
Beta Max also offers the most comprehensive and convenient training programs in the industry including our Online Training Academy. For more information about our training programs CLICK HERE.
Call us today at 800.644.6478 to see how we can help you work faster, safer and smarter with Beta Max Hoists.