Managing a 5,500 unit fleet of construction equipment
July 30, 2013
– Posted in:
NPL Construction shares a few secrets to how they have one of the newest fleets in the industry without breaking the bank.
- Focus on maximizing what Jim Connell calls the “first life” of the equipment.
- Buy as much equipment from one manufacturer as possible to leverage relationships and discounts.
- Outsource maintenance, and again leverage the dealers from the one manufacturer.
The results speak for themselves.
- NPL enjoys low operating costs with high resale values.
- They new equipment meets many green initiatives that clients have.
- And new equipment has the telematics and management tools that makes NPL’s job easiest.
But short ownership cycles have a few negatives as well. To read about those check out the link below.